U.S. Russia, China, Rivals, Adversaries, Enemies
A World in Transition
America as a Superpower eurasiagroup
Top 2020 Geopolitical Risks eurasiagroup
21st Century Geopolitical Options
Storm Before the Calm GPF
The End of the World Is Just the Beginning Peter Zeihan
Brief History of Western
Expanded again when Spain built her American Empire.
1. What is new about the recent expansion is
Europe tried to enhance economic wellbeing
2. The wealth creation at the top has been substantial.
3. Successful for 20 years from th fall of the Soviet Union beginning in 1989 to the 2008 Great Recession.
4. Gains from Economic union began becoming a zero-sum game.
5. Economic gains took a back seat to nationalism because of open immigration policies.
6. Globalization was OK, but the Nation State and not the globe, would be the legal entity.
7. Nations would again peruse their
own agenda causing
1. Mid 19th Century Civil War
2. Early 20th Century Populist Movement
3. Mid 20th Century Counter Culture Movement
Cycle is US Governing Process
At times it is loud and unpleasant.
Current US Political Polarity
1. Failures of well educated, wealthy, experts who lost control of economy.
2. Low income and decreasing status of the white working class fueled populism.
3. Until society transcends these forces, constitution will continue.
1960's and 70's
Highly productive digital innovation replaced aging industry factors of production.
Major International Challenges for the 2020's
Today, we wait for AI or genetic medicine or ... to ignite world economy.
Two Great American Intellects: Gore Vidal and Noam Chomsky video
Three Camps in US Foreign Policy podcast
Ian_Bremmer Superpower Summary
Mark Blyth, Adam Tooze, Francis Fukuyama