Dimensions define goals
1. Promote a US look-alike world of liberal
2. Embed states, especially Russia and China, in the
US international order created after WW 2. to fight the Cold War.
Hook them on capitalism and international dependency.
3. Embed into WTO, IMF, WB. NATO
inalienable human rights enhanced by increased liberal democracies.
2.Inhanced world peace expounded by
Democratic peace theory which states Democracies do
3. More stability for continuing Liberal democracies.
Enablers allowed development
A Transitional World
From a Post WW 2 Bipolar World requiring a balance of
to a US led Unipolar World beginning in the 1990's and
expanding toward a Multi-polar managed by US, Russia, and China
Unipolar World Leader, the US, was a highly ideological crusader
3. Excess optimism was
generated by both historical and recent events.
Drove Taliban out of Afghanistan leaving a functioning Karzia
led democratic government
Failures of Foreign Policy Liberal Hegemony
1. Middle East
Bush Doctrine failed
to turn into a
Liberal Democracies with increased peace and human rights.
2. NATO and EU expansion into Eastern Europe continually annoyed Russia
causing her to begin military
activities to stop expansion into Georgia (2008) and
Ukraine (2014 -2022)
3. Moving China toward liberal democracy failed.
China did follow the plan and did indeed grow economically, but human rights changed little and leader Xi JinPing
Failure in Ukraine