Trump's New Political Era?
2/15/19 Please link to and Share!
A Trio of Independent DisruptionsOpposition to immigrants, globalization, and establishment leaders/institutions
created disruptions. America's 1990 dissatisfaction recently spread to Europe causing two
years of volatile pubic fury. This spread compounds the possible disruption to Europe
and Western Culture.
Social Cultural Apprehensions
US Led and
Financed Post WW 2 Moderation Ended
Voter Anxiety and Migrating Immigrants Are Difficult
2. Aging and shrinking developed world's population reinforces disruptions.
3. AI is increasing worker employment anxiety.
3. Climate change is increasing anxiety.
A Longer View
Can Democracy Survive Global Capitalism? 100 min video
Saving liberal democracy from the extremes by the FT's Martin Wolf
stating it should not be cited as precedent.
2012 NFIB v. Sebelius
blew a giant hole in the ObamaCare Medicaid
Shelby County v. Holder
stopped voting rule preclearance neutered
Citizens United v. FEC
allowed near-unlimited corporate election spending
Please use as a link, as textbooks/supplements, and Share!
Older Plan: Hide Strengths, Bide Time Replaced
a. Xi now
has more centralized political power
South China Seal Militarism
f. Military exercises with Russia
In a liberal Democracy, this is often done by business expansion.
In 2017 U.S. Invested > $100 billion in China alone. Source
U.S. - China Relations, North Korea & the Future of the Global Order Well Conceived Grand Strategy
a) Based on a clearly defined policy purposes
b) Think a situation through, observe in detail and in relation to underlying historical trends
c) Set a new
a) Enhanced role of Communist Party and Ideology
to counter China's lethargic corrupt state bureaucracy
1. Enhanced CPC authority by replacing state control of Foreign Diplomacy with
party controlled Foreign Relations Power
2. Marxian, Nationalistic, Authoritarian model of capitalism compete with liberal democracy,
3. Xi concept of future world community, mechanistic attempt to invigorate diplomatic community
to be more creative and use of theory over policy
4. New State Diplomacy enhances State Capitalism, pragmatism is gone,
national interest enhanced by a national vision
b. Ideological Confidence increased because history now favors
Chinas according to Marxian dialectic analysis
1) Nothing random about what is unfolding, it is the result of the immutable laws
of economic development Based on Marxian Dialectic Turning Point
indicated by relative decline of US/West and China's rise.
2) Current historical juncture represents a strategic opportunity for China
3) How a one-party state ideate using political topic/lingua franca is important
c) More Sharply Focused Chinese Diplomacy
d) China to Lead Improve Global Government Reform
1. In 2014, Xi saw an impending struggle for the future of International Global Order
2. China must now control the reform of international order
a. organization like UN, WTO ...
b. US system of global alliance to ensure her own definition international security
3. Change U.S. Control Global Governess now based on a complex web of
world organizations using international based treaty law and shared sovereignty
4. Global Governance Improvement
5. Reasons for success
a. Diplomacy based on Chinese Socialism will lead to more fairness and justice
b. US Ignoring World Order, Paris Climate Accord, UN Refuge System, WTO
6. Controlling international institutions is first step
e) Is China Backing off a bit as Worlds, especially US, reacts
Postscript: New Political Economy Era Depends on Controlling World?
Neoliberal globalization four processes:
4) upward re-distribution of wealth
Together they have increased economic insecurity and cultural anxiety by
1) the creation of surplus peoples
2) rising global inequality 3) threats to identity.
Anxiety from neoliberal globalization has armed right and left populists.
Neither Norris and Inglehart nor Laclau adequately account for such insecurity
in their ordination of populism.
“the people” are differentially deployed by right and left and they themselves
must be understood in terms of the respective enemies through which
“the people” is constructed, a decisive dimension of populism.
B. Dollar investments dependent on high Intellectual
E. Distribution of these profits has resulted into an increase inequality of income.
E. The disruption of this process, called the Trump astric, has many academics apprehensive
defines "the people"
as those confronting an
Left populism defines “the people”